A five-member board appointed by the Mayor for three-year terms. Two at-large members (suggested one architect and one engineer) and three contractors (1 Class A, 1 Class A, B or C, 1 Class C or D). Meets on the first Thursday of each month at 4 p.m. in the City Hall Conference Room. Duties include:
- Reviewing building codes.
- Recommending amendments adoption.
- Considering appeals and variance requests.
- Defining problem areas, i.e. service entrances, conductors for electricity.
- Providing a forum for communication between inspector and building trades.
The City's Building Inspector is the staff person.