This board was created in response to the Americans with Disabilities Act. The board consists of seven members serving three-year terms with at least three members having a disability. Quarterly meetings are required. The duties of this board include:
- Advise the City Commission and Manager on matters related to accessibility of public property.
- Evaluate public and private projects and activities for handicapped accessibility.
- Provide technical assistance related to the disabled.
- Serve as advocates of citizens with disabilities.
- Review and report findings of federal and state regulations and guidelines.
- Serve as a resource to City Commission and staff.
- Carry out functions delegated in the ADA grievance procedure.
The City's Risk Manager is staff person.