In continuous efforts to protect our local waterways, the City of Newton has established a hotline to provide citizens with a method of reporting stormwater pollution or polluting activities. Please call (316)-284-6100 to report any of the following:
- Individuals dumping anything in a storm drain, ditch, stream or creek.
- Individuals changing oil, antifreeze, rinsing paint brushes, or washing vehicles and allowing it to drain to the curb, storm drain, or local waterway.
- Excessive dirt or mud on roadways from construction sites.
- Polluted water (unnatural color, glossy sheen on water, dead fish).
- Overflowing sanitary sewer manholes.
- Illegal connections to storm drains such as processed water or wash water.
- Individuals sweeping large amounts of grass clippings or leaves into the street, storm drains, drainageways, or creeks.
Manual For Construction Site Erosion And Sediment Control - Best Management Practices
- Construction Site Best Management Practices Manual
Manual For Post Construction - Best Management Practices
- Post Construction Best Management Practices Manual
- Inspection and Maintenance
- Appendix A
- Appendix B
- Appendix C
- Appendix D
- Appendix E
- Appendix F
- Appendix G
- Appendix H
- Appendix Table of Contents
- Referenced Newton Ordinance
- Kansas Stormwater Webpage
- The EPA's National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES)
- American Public Works Association (APWA)