Newton/North Newton Register of Historic Places

Print
Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
The properties listed below have been named to the Newton/North Newton Register of Historic Properties because they possess significant historical, archeological and/or architectural qualities.
The Carnegie Library was completed in 1904 and designed by architect William W. Rose in the Neoclassical style.  Andrew Carnegie assisted in the funding of many public libraries and city buildings throughout Kansas and across the country.  His contribution to the Newton community allowed the public library to finally find a permanent location.  Carnegie’s impact was regional in every community he assisted.  Even though the library has moved on, the building continues to play a role in the education and history of Newton as the home of the Harvey County Historical Society & Archives.
Return to full list >>